Friday, January 28, 2011

chapter 1

Okay so yesterday I began to study for the biology test that is next Tuesday, which is haunting me by the way and I discovered that I can not just study anymore. I now have had to change all of my studying techniques up and hope that they work so that I can pass. I have never had to leave school and go study immediately after school and study for one subject for atleast four to five hours a day. The catchy thing is, I see me having to actually learn material instead of just memorizing it for the next day helping me. The perfect example is the way that I broke chapter one down so that I would be able to learn the material better. I started at the beginning of the outline that was given to us and created a map kind of like the one on page 3 in the book. How about I just break the map down so that if some one reads this then they will understand and hopefully they can do the same. Here we go: atoms (create)> elements (inside elements) > cells (combine and create) > tissues (combine and create) organs (work together) > organ system. Now keep in mind that this is basically then one in the book on page 3 but I did not realize that they were the same until after I made it. So after my discovery in creativity I decided to keep going because while I was making this map I found myself reading it out loud to the point to where I had learned it and it was embedded in the file cabinet in my brain. Lets give one more example: one species (creates) > population (interacts) > community (creates) > ecosystem (entire picture) > biospehere. This is something that is continued through all the chapters for me . I hope that this creativity will work because it is not easy but it takes dtermination.

No comments:

Post a Comment