Monday, January 24, 2011

Metabolism

Today was an interesting day, many may have known this which would mean that I am not very intelligent in common biology knowledge but I never knew that there was a catabolism and a anabolism. All of my life I understood it as just being metabolism. I learned that catabolism was the process in which things were broken into smaller pieces and that anabolism actually joined things together. I can say that I probably should have known this a long time ago but this was not taught to me in my 10th grade biology. Now that I know that there are 3 different things that break things such as food down in my body it causes a question to come to mind. Is metabolism the name that is used to cover all of the categories, like if I say metabolism am I talking about catabolism and anabolism together as one?

No comments:

Post a Comment