Saturday, February 5, 2011

Stems

Stems are a very unique part of the plant in itself. In my first blog I covered the importance of roots and now I will go over the stems with you. Of course this is not for you but it it mostly for me. By me blogging about all sorts of things my brain is absorbing it in the fashion that is needed in order to learn something. So by the end of this blog I am hoping to be able to tell anyone about the basics of the stem. First, lets discuss three things that I never knew about the stem. The node, which is if I were looking at the shoot and saw the area of space where the petiole extended from the stem. Then there is the interlode which is in fact the gap inbetween petiole to petiole. The node and the interlode are two things that are used to identify a plant even if te stem is underground which is Believe is called a monocot. One of the main things that a stem consist of is the vascular tissue, which transports nutrients needed for the the plant to the leaves and takes in photosynthesis and brings it back to the root system. There is so much going on at once right when I walk outside. Everything that I have learned so far just through the basics of the plant has caused my respect to grow more for plants. Not saying that I will try to go and save plants and keep peace for trees, but my respects go out to plants for the things that are supplied from then that help us live life to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment